Friday, September 27, 2013

Seriously?

So, my youngest daughter is going to be 5 in November.  We decided to keep her out of kindergarten this year and enroll her in a young 5's program. (otherwise known as Kinder-ready)  You see, my daughter is what you would call.....moody.  She fights me daily when it comes to putting clothes on.  She claims that all jeans are "itchy", and that her socks "hurt". Seriously....its a challenge.  Along with this, she has anxiety about using the restroom.  The anxiety is about getting "drips".   I wish I knew where she picked this up at.  It drives me CRAZY.  But, because of these issues, we decided that we would take this year to work on those things and just enroll her in a 2 day a week all day program. 

The first week was challenging.  We are in the mid west and are starting to go through our seasonal change.  Which for us, means freezing cold in the morning, and then burning up during the day.  It makes it very difficult to prepare kids for school.  Everyday is about layers.  Hoodies and cardigans are our best friend around here.  So the other day we were going through our normal morning ritual of finding the perfect "non-itchy" outfit.  After a 30 minute struggle, we agreed on a pair of "comfy" cotton leggings with a tunic.  Now, when I say tunic, Im not saying dress.  Im talking about a long shirt that just covers her butt.  She was happy...or so I thought.

I arrived at the school for pick-up at my usual time of 5 minutes early.  This is to ensure that I can gather all of her stuff up right away, and then bolt out of the parking lot before all of the other 50 million cars.  As Im emptying her cubby, I notice that her "comfy" leggings are in there.  The first thing that goes through my mind is that she got one of her "drips" and change into her spare outfit.  No biggie.  That's what the spare outfit is for.    However, that was not the case.  Out comes my daughter...no pants on.  Yup....that's right.  She told her teacher that she was hot.  So she was allowed to walk around the school all day long without pants on.  Seriously mortified.  I received some not so pleasant looks as we walked down the hall together.  Of course the bathroom is not anywhere close.  After poking my eyeballs out, I had to have a serious discussion about how wearing no pants was inappropriate.  UGH.  5 year olds are fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment